There are two ways of adding new items to the warehouse:
- When creating a work order, in the “Spare parts” section
2. In “Warehouse” module
When using the first way, the spare part that was added is immediately written off to the work order in which it was created. The second way is more fundamental and correct, let’s take a closer look.
Let’s open “Add a spare part” card:
- Type in spare part name. Name it the way it will be convenient for you to find it in the list;
- Specify the manufacturer of the spare part or other item used during repair or maintenance (to add spare parts manufacturers, go to: “Settings”→ “Manufacturer” → “Add a manufacturer” or use quick add function by clicking the “+” sign next to it);
- Type in manufacturer’s part number;
- Specify the Category. Categorization is created for convenient grouping and reporting. For example, by type of vehicle, type of vehicle spare part or component. The main categories have already been added, (if you don’t see the category you need, add a new spare part category or use the quick add function by clicking the “+” sign next to it);
- Record the current item price. In the future, it can be changed when writing off for a specific work order or when purchasing spare parts);
- Specify the unit of measurement for the item. For example, pcs. , ml., gr. etc. Please note that for correct accounting convert kilograms to grams, liters to milliliters;
- Enter the internal part number (for example, the inventory part number used in the company). This field is optional and can be skipped;
- Indicate estimated spare part running life. It is a failure-free service life, defined by manufacturer or company guidelines;
- Submit a photo of the warehouse position;
- Upload all the documents and other files for the spare part, which are important for you to keep (documents, certificates, permits, etc)
Spare parts write-off for specific repairs or maintenance is carried out through “Orders” tab in “Service” module.