“Zavgar Online” is the optimal tool for inventory control of spare parts, fluids and maintenance items for fleets of any kind and extent.
“Zavgar Online” system is a synergy of our experience in the implementation of IT products for transportation and the result of the known source of major concerns for managers and chief mechanics, with whom we conducted survey interviews before launch. Our clients shared common vision in almost everything. The troubles are the same for everyone, as are the ways of managing the fleet (logbooks, excel). The warehouse was the divisive issue.
Some say that it is important for them to keep the main inventory items in stock, while others buy spare parts for specific repairs or maintenance.
For the first group it is important:
- The most detailed information about each inventory item (part number, name, manufacturer, supplier, storage location in the warehouse).
- Up-to-date balance information.
- Notification of the approaching critical balance of the item in the warehouse.
- Tracking of all the processes from the moment of delivery, to the actual installation on the vehicle.
For the second group:
- The quickest possible spare parts adding, with automatic write-off for a work order.
- Tracking all of the information (spare part price, part number, supplier) from the moment of installation of spare part on a vehicle.
We have come up with a solution that will help establish warehouse accounting for both of these groups.
How to keep inventory records in “Zavgar Online” system?
This section is for companies that own warehouse stocks of spare parts, fluids and maintenance items and that keep inventory records.
Attention!!! Spare parts are written off directly during the repair or maintenance in “Work orders” module.
Go to “Warehouse” section → “Spare parts”
What data is displayed in this list?
- Spare part, technical fluid or material name;
- Category, to which this item belongs;
- Item manufacturer and spare part number;
- Price for 1 unit (piece, litre, metre, etc.);
- The number of items on the balance (the name of the warehouse is displayed on mouse hover);
- Link to item card in the warehouse;
- The ability to quickly add an item to the warehouse.
You can filter spare parts according to:
- Spare part name;
- Spare parts categories (they are user created in the “Settings” → “Categories” sections, for example, breakdown by vehicle components);
- Spare parts manufacturers (they are user created in “Settings” → “Manufacturers”)
- Name of the warehouse.
Spare part card
Each item in the warehouse has its own card in the system. Spare parts, maintenance items, technical fluids, etc. are all listed in the system as “spare parts”. The spare part card contains all the information about the item: article number, manufacturer, its status, etc. To go to the card, click on the “eye” icon:
The following information is displayed in the spare part card:
- General information about spare part;
- Warehouse balance;
- Information about spare part status (received, moved, used);
- Pictures and other files about the spare part;
- The whole backstory for the spare part, after it was added into the system.
6-7. Here you can update warehouse records, in case of ordering a new spare part, or move the goods from one warehouse to another.
8. Spare part edit button, all changes are displayed in history
How to add a new spare part to the warehouse?
There are two ways of adding new items to the warehouse:
- When creating a work order, in the “Spare parts” section
2. In “Warehouse” module
When using the first way, the spare part that was added is immediately written off to the work order in which it was created. The second way is more fundamental and correct, let’s take a closer look.
Let’s open “Add a spare part” card:
- Type in spare part name. Name it the way it will be convenient for you to find it in the list;
- Specify the manufacturer of the spare part or other item used during repair or maintenance (to add spare parts manufacturers, go to: “Settings”→ “Manufacturer” → “Add a manufacturer” or use quick add function by clicking the “+” sign next to it);
- Type in manufacturer’s part number;
- Specify the Category. Categorization is created for convenient grouping and reporting. For example, by type of vehicle, type of vehicle spare part or component. The main categories have already been added, (if you don’t see the category you need, add a new spare part category or use the quick add function by clicking the “+” sign next to it);
- Record the current item price. In the future, it can be changed when writing off for a specific work order or when purchasing spare parts);
- Specify the unit of measurement for the item. For example, pcs. , ml., gr. etc. Please note that for correct accounting convert kilograms to grams, liters to milliliters;
- Enter the internal part number (for example, the inventory part number used in the company). This field is optional and can be skipped;
- Indicate estimated spare part running life. It is a failure-free service life, defined by manufacturer or company guidelines;
- Upload all the documents and other files for the spare part, which are important for you to keep (documents, certificates, permits, etc)
Spare parts write-off for specific repairs or maintenance is carried out through “Orders” tab in “Service” module.
Warehouse status (receipt, write-off, moving)
One of the most frequently asked questions about a warehouse is how to add a specific quantity of products into a spare part card. Also, important factors are: movements of spare parts from warehouse to warehouse (and the system also has a concept of a warehouse on a vehicle) and control of the write-off of a spare part during repairs.
All of the tasks listed above can be solved by the “Movement” module.
Information on goods movements is also stored here.
How to add the required number of spare parts?
Go to “Warehouse” module → “Movements” → “Receipt”
Items receipt card will open:
- Indicate the warehouse to which these spare parts will be sent;
- Select the required spare parts articles, if any of them is missing, add it by clicking on the “+” sign to the right.
- Indicate the number of items that were received by the warehouse.
- Upload photo, confirming the fact of items receipt;
- Upload documents, confirming the fact of purchase.
- Save entered data.
Moving spare parts between warehouses.
“Zavgar Online” system allows you to move spare parts between warehouses. The information will be relevant both for companies with several physical warehouses in different regions where the company operates, and for enterprises that give spare parts for prompt repair by the driver (adding oil, replacing light bulbs, etc.).
How to move spare parts?
Go to “Warehouse” module → “Movements”→ “Moving”
Item moving card will open:
- Specify the warehouse from which these spare parts will be transferred;
- Specify the warehouse to which these spare parts will be transferred;
- Specify spare parts numbers you need;
- Specify the number of items to be moved to the warehouse.
- Upload photo, confirming the fact of items receipt;
- Upload documents, confirming the fact of purchase.
- Save entered data.
Spare parts are an asset of any business. An asset that, if mismanaged, can bankrupt even a stable company. Accounting of spare parts when writing off for repair or maintenance is a very important process, but accounting of spare parts in warehouses is equally important. Inventory reconciliation is a special tool, used specially for managing accounting all over the world, regular inventory reconciliations will let you know how much, where and what you have in stock, and if you don’t have any component or spare part in stock, it will allow you to conduct a blamestorming and exclude such situations in the future.
Go to “Warehouse” module → “Inventory reconciliation”
A list of all inventory reconciliations is displayed, with the ability to filter by:
- dates of conducting;
- warehouse name;
- the user, who performed inventory reconciliation;
- spare parts, which were inventoried.
Any inventory reconciliation has a card that displays all the information about it.
Warehouse inventory reconciliation.
Inventory reconciliation in “Zavgar Online” system is performed to solve two problems:
- Warehouse actual balance count;
- It is one of the ways of quick acceptance of goods during a big purchase.
Go to “Warehouse” module → “Inventory reconciliation” → “Add”
An inventory reconciliation card will open:
- Choose the warehouse where you will perform inventory reconciliation.
- Enter (if required) a description indicating the reason for inventory reconciliation.
- Make a list of spare parts by choosing items from the list or quickly adding new items (“+” sign to the right of the spare parts selection list). If you need to select all parts at once, click on the checkmark icon to the right of the list.
- Compare warehouse stock balance and spare parts that are actually in stock.
- Click “Save” in the upper right corner.
Ordering spare parts.
“Spare parts order” module was created for a detailed analysis of the entire supply chain, from the moment the part was requested, to the moment of installation of the ordered spare part on the vehicle. Access to information depends on the rights assigned by the administrator. The vision of “Zavgar Online” product – the process of ordering spare parts is carried out in 4 steps:
- Purchase requisition creation – “open” status. It is created when you add a new order. The final task is confirmation by supervisor of the necessity to order this spare part by clicking “Confirm” button
2. The actual payment for approved orders (for convenience, when creating an application, the person with the maximum rights can immediately approve the application) – “approved” status. To confirm the fact of payment, go to the order card and click on the “Purchased” button
3. Confirmation of items receipt at the warehouse – status “received”. To confirm, go to the “Received” section, go to the spare parts order card, click on the “Send to warehouse” button, the goods receipt window will open. Enter the actual amount received, then click “Save”.
4. In the same order card, you can close an order by clicking on the “Close order” button. After clicking these orders will go to the “Closed” stage.
By clicking on the status (open, approved, received, closed) you go to the list of spare parts in this status.
Business process when using “Order spare parts” module
For effective work of this module, you need to describe your current business process and determine:
- Which user should create purchase requisitions?
- Which user has the right to approve such requisitions?
- How will the accounting and finance unit receive information about the need for payment?
- Which user must confirm the arrival of items at the warehouse?
After that, those responsible for each block regularly review the corresponding units, make decisions, and receive notifications.
How to create a new part order?
To create an order for spare parts, go to the “Warehouse” section → “Order spare parts” → “Add”
The card for a new part order will open:
Select the supplier from whom the purchase is planned → Specify the place of storage for spare parts, where they will be stored after receipt → Select a label, grouping spare parts → Select the name of the spare parts, their price and quantity (spare parts must be added in advance to “Warehouse” → “List of spare parts “, then click on the “Add” button) → to the right, indicate the size of the discount, delivery cost and tax rate (if any) → In the description, specify all the information about this order. It will be useful to the person responsible for approving this order → Upload an invoice, delivery note or receipt → Click “Save” in the upper right corner or “Save and confirm” (if the person who creates the order it is the same person that approves it).
If different people are involved in adding and approving orders, go to the order card and in the lower right corner click “Confirm”
Then go to the order card in “Approved” section and after receiving the items, click on “purchased”.
Next, go to the order card in “Received” section and click on “Send to warehouse” button → the menu for receiving spare parts at the warehouse will open → click the checkbox next to the word “Receive” and indicate how many units of the purchased items will be received at the warehouse → The order goes to section “Closed”, spare parts are delivered to the warehouse in the specified quantity.
Quick addition and write-off of spare parts, fluids and maintenance items for the work order (warehouse inventory management is not maintained).
Going back to the survey interview, a considerable number of companies stated that they buy spare parts, fluids and maintenance items under specific repair and maintenance. Let’s take a real-world example. It is necessary to replace the layshaft bearing purchased specifically for this repair. Spare parts for repairs are accounted and written off only in the “Service” module → in the subsection “Purchase orders”. The creation of a work order is described in detail in the “Module Service” section of documentation.
So, real life example is as follows:
- The company does not keep warehouse inventory control and buys spare parts, maintenance items and fluids under specific repairs or maintenance.
- Now they need to replace a cross shaft bearing, as you can see in the picture below, it is not in the list of available (added) spare parts.
- To quickly add it, the person responsible for transportation goes to the “Spare parts” tab of the work order and clicks on the + sign, to the right of the spare parts search bar.
- Enter the name of the spare part, fluid or maintenance item. In this case, it is “Cross Shaft Bearing”.
- Enter the price for which we purchased “Cross Shaft Bearing”, in this case it is 412 rubles.
- Choose the category to which this product belongs. In this case in the company it belongs to the “Maintenance items” category (to add categories go to the “Settings” section → “Spare parts categories”).
- Indicate the manufacturer of the added product. By default, the category is No name (to add manufacturers, go to the “Settings” section → “Manufacturers”). In this case, it’s SKF.
- Specify a storage warehouse. If warehouse inventory management is not maintained in any form, just create Warehouse #1 and choose it in all the cases.
- Select the unit of measure for the added product (for example, pcs. liters, meters, etc.)
- Click Add. The spare part has been successfully added to the list of spare parts and written off for this work order.