During the operation of the vehicle, not all maintenance and repairs are carried out at specialized service stations or by the hands of our own mechanics when the vehicles go back from the route. Some of the maintenance operations and repairs are carried out by the drivers on their own or urgent repair decision is made by them. Such work should be immediately entered into the system. Specifically for this purpose “Zavgar Online” has created the “Quick Repair” module. To use it you need:
- Create quick repairs templates;
- Use mobile app to record all field repairs.
“Quick repairs” section works pretty simple. Its main task is just recording the fact of repair. The driver, through the mobile application, actually initiates the creation of a work order in a status defined by the template, and the administrator or other responsible person in the organization takes it into operation, indicates the cost of work and spare parts, and closes it.
Quick repairs templates.
The creation of a quick visual inspection template regulates the driver’s actions during the visual inspection. Most often, system users utilize two standard templates:
- General for solving all possible problems by the driver (oil filling-up, changing a light bulb, etc.)
- General for an unplanned visit to third-party service stations.
To create a visual inspection template in the main menu, go to “Service” section → “Quick repairs”. A list of templates currently available for your fleet will open, sorted by date of creation and name.
To create a template, click on the “Add” button in the upper right corner
A template card will appear, enter the following information in it:
- Template name;
- Description. Enter all the information you consider important (optional field);
- Work-order status, in which quick repair is created;
- Tick the box to confirm that you will add a photo, as a repair confirmation;
- Tick the box on the mandatory requirement to use all the spare parts specified in the template;
- Select a vehicle, or better all vehicles in the fleet, the drivers of these vehicles will have access to these templates for quick repairs;
- Select service tasks that can be completed through quick repairs. You can leave the field blank;
- Select spare parts that can be used through quick repairs. You can leave the field blank.
Adding a quick repair through “Zavgar Online” mobile application.
Links to free apps:
To add a problem, go to the vehicle card, click on the big green + (“add”) sign in the lower right corner, select “Repair”
A list of repair templates available for this vehicle will open. For example, I provide the initial data:
- Name “Performed by myself”;
- Work order status — “Quick repair”;
- Requirement for a photo from the place of repair;
- Service tasks and spare parts are not selected, by default the task is just note of the fact of repair, without any details.
- Enter description of work performed;
- Indicate the odometer readings at the time of repair;
- Additional comments (if needed);
- “Add photo” button;
- Sending a filled in repair card.
Where are the quick repairs entered by the driver displayed?
In the “Service” module → “Work Orders”, in the same status that you define when creating a quick repair template. It must be edited, all data entered and saved.