Entering data through the Zavgar Online application.
The driver operating the equipment is an integral part of the fleet management system. Initial data entry, notification of a force majeure situation, passing electronic technical inspections, displaying costs and upcoming maintenance – this is what the driver can use the Zavgar Online mobile application for.
In this case, a mobile application is not a means of additional control, it is an electronic assistant that allows the employer to be “transparent” for the company. Old notes, reports are a thing of the past. Three clicks in the application and the amount spent, the check is already with the accounting department. At any time, the entire history of expenses is in your pocket. In addition, the system allows you to avoid serious breakdowns on the road, reminding you of the timely completion of routine maintenance.
How to download the Zavgar Online mobile application?
The app is completely free and available for major mobile platforms:
What should I enter in the login and password field?
Most likely, the username and password were given to you along with a link to download the mobile application, but just in case:
Login – your phone number or email address.
Password – please specify your password with the person in charge of transport in your organization or other persons who initiated the installation of the mobile application.
The Zavgar Online system allows you to flexibly configure access rights to vehicles. In the list of the mobile application, you have access to equipment, the rights to which you received from your manager.
To get started, click on the license plate or the name of the vehicle
Vehicle card You get into the vehicle card, it displays:
- Photo of the vehicle, its name in the system.
- The extreme odometer reading, vehicle status (active, under repair, etc.), the group to which this vehicle belongs (branch, area of work, type, etc.), the first and last name of the Driver.
- Vehicle year of manufacture, VIN-code, state number.
- Odometer transmission history.
- Expenses. A list of all additional costs that you incur during operation. For example, this is a car wash, a toll road, parking, fines on the road, travel expenses (accommodation, meals), some little things that you bought during the flight.
- Problems. In the Zavgar Online system, problems are called abnormal situations that have arisen during operation. For example, an error popped up, there was some kind of failure, an accident, etc. Everything that must be recorded and transmitted to the head.
- Gas stations. List of all refuelings that have been made on this vehicle.
- Completed examinations. A list of all electronic technical inspections carried out on this vehicle.
- Service reminders. A list of scheduled technical inspections and repairs with an indication of the performance (for example, to be done in 5056 km.) And the interval of passage (for example, Oil change. Interval every 20,000 km., Remind after 500 km.)
How does the driver enter information into the Zavgar Online system?
In the Zavgar Online system, the driver enters the following data through the mobile application:
1) Current odometer reading.
2) Problems encountered during operation.
3) Gas stations.
4) Additional expenses.
5) Data on conducted electronic technical inspections.